... What? Who?
I'm a Jr. Developer from Puerto Rico, currently residing in North Carolina.
What I want, as a game developer: to positively transform people's lives and tell relatable stories through games!
Skills & Interests
- I'm a recent Computer Science gradudate (December 2017), so my skills are mainly in the area of programming. I have worked as a Web Developer for the last 3 years, but game development has been my goal for many, many years. Currently, as a programmer, I'm very curious about procedural generation, game physics and AI, thus reading about the fundamentals, so that I can better implement them in my own projects.
- I also used to make 2D art, mainly vector illustrations and pixel art, but those days were put behind when I started focusing on programming. I have decided to pick it up again for game dev, however, so hopefully I can showcase something soon.
- UI/UX Design --this is something that comes with front-end web development, but I want to continue exploring UI and UX beyond that domain.
- Research --I plan to continue graduate studies up to the PhD, and research is something that I have found enjoyable. Subjects in areas surrounding Games alongside other disciplines like Learning/Education Technology and HCI look like the way to go. :)
- Writing/Storytelling - I like to create characters and work on their backstories. Writing is something I enjoy, and I would like to write for video games, and explore narrative in general. The reason why I find it so hard to finish my game projects is probably because I always end up building a complex story behind them. I get too ambitious. So whatever I do right now in terms of game development will be less story-heavy on purpose. I can't wait for the more ambitious projects, but I need to start small. And who knows, maybe I will force myself to use narrative in more creative ways within such limited scopes.
I'm still in the process of learning an engine (Unity) and most of what I'm doing is tutorials right now. I've decided to change Time Attack's entire concept.. the new design is in the works. I'm also in the very early stages of a new project, this one with a team. More on that around January 2019.
Most important news: I'm starting a master's degree in Design and Development of Video Games this October (2018). I'll be doing a lot during that time so hopefully something new to showcase soon.