Time Attack! (Prototype)
A downloadable wannabe-game thingy
Heyo! If you like the idea, consider leaving feedback to support future development. <3 I may or may not put up a Patreon page later. We'll see!
Please note: Everything about this game is a Work in Progress! Including the title.
Current build is merely a PROTOTYPE. It runs pretty much the same way it did in the original presentation at the campus expo in December 2017, after less than a week of development, plus some bug fixes and a full-screen option (available when you press
F4 from the 'Pause' screen).
While working on my final assignment for my Video Game Programming II course in college, I decided to try making a multiplayer game based around the idea of collisions. At first, I did not know what to do, but my boyfriend loves brawlers, so he suggested that I make something like a brawler, and I went with that.
From there, I took inspiration from brawler games like Smash Bros. and, more closely, De Mambo (great game, available on the Switch!). However, while most brawlers are platform-based, I wanted to try a top-down view with this game. So, the game ends up working like a "versus" version of Pac-Man, where players hunt each other on a labyrinth-like map and collect objects.
Current (and Planned) Game Features
- Quick, timed battles (no longer than 20 or 30 seconds).
- Players bump against each other to attack, scoring points with each successful hit. I'm currently working on adding better physics and animations to the game.
- Randomly spawned, collectible items that give buffs, debuffs, and add points (more items with different effects will be added in future iterations)
- Player with the more points at the end of the match, wins
- 2D, pixel-based graphics with a somewhat retro feel (current graphics and sfx are placeholders!)
- Top-down instead of traditional platform maps
- Map variety: for now, the maps will be pre-made but randomly selected for each match. Only one map available at the time. :( BUT, what's planned: randomly generated maps, and randomly selected environments (map system is a work in progress)
- High score tracking
- Supports up to 2 players, local only (for now)
- Soon: Character selection (for some personalization, yo!)
- Keyboard & Gamepad support
- Will be available for Windows, later on Linux, and hopefully Mac OS X too
Made with the MonoGame framework. This is also my first project with MonoGame.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.